What’s the Difference Between a Loss Assessor and a Loss Adjuster?

published on March 13, 2018 by Peter

Home Protected
There’s a lot to consider when making an insurance claim for the first time. Part of this is simply trying to figure out who does what in the claims process. Here at PCLA, one of the most frequent questions we get is about the difference between a Loss Assessor and a Loss Adjuster.

Loss Assessors and Loss Adjusters are both insurance professionals who assess and give advice on claims. However, there is one key difference in their roles:

  • Loss Assessors work on behalf of you, the policyholder. They are independent insurance professionals employed to protect your interests.
  • Loss Adjusters work for the insurance company usually on a contract basis.

A Loss Adjuster’s job is to gauge the claim presented to them by the policyholder and to decide what should be paid for and what should not.

An independent Loss Assessor, like PCLA will deal with the insurance company and loss adjuster on your behalf. They will understand the terms of your policy, run tests to determine exactly what can be claimed for, and help you receive the compensation you’re entitled to as a result.

Make a claim Contact Us