How to Prevent Candle Fires
Candle fires are very common over the Christmas holidays. Every year we are guaranteed to receive a call regarding a fire caused by candles and it can happen so fast so here are some tips for preventing fires.
- Keep candles away from flammable items e.g. curtains, furniture decorations.
- Keep matches and lighters up high in a safe place.
- Don’t use candles in bedrooms
- Keep an eye on open candles
- Make sure all your smoke detectors work
- Enclosed candle holders are the safest
- Make sure pets are not left in a room unattended
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the house
- Make sure smoke alarms are working
If you have damage as a result of a fire, have it professionally assessed. In Property Claims Loss Assessors Ltd we are Engineers and Building Surveyors with over 20 years’ experience. Knowing where smoke can go e.g. electrical boxes and conduits, behind skirting boards etc. and how to professionally clean everything is always a normal part of our assessment. We always advise clients after a fire to never start repairs until all the smoke damage is cleaned and certified. In addition to fire damage we also cover damage from pipe leaks, storm, flood, subsidence, break-ins, etc. Our first survey is free and we are a ‘no win no fee’ company.
ROI: Land 01 5620082 Mob 087 6165435
NI: Land 028 95212991 Mob 077 95374150
Web www.pcla.ie Email firstname.lastname@example.org